My First Edmodo Quiz and some insight!!

I think I have a social networking problem (but I think I can call it work)!! My new love is  Twitter and I have found a great group of librarians, teachers, and technology users that I follow (stalk) all the time!!

@Barrowmc and @WESmediacenter are two of my favorites!  @Barrowmc shared a Crowd-Source poem she was doing with her students.  She created a Google form with sentence stems about the media center and had the students complete the sentences.  Sounded like a lot of fun and a great way to get insight into what our students really think about the  media center!

I didn't use Google forms, but created a Quiz in edmodo and assigned it to the kids.  They completed it today during computer class.  The responses were predictable, funny, heartwarming, quirky, not-what I expected, and touching.  The following are actual responses from my actual students!

P.S.....if you want to follow me on twitter my name is @readforcupcakes (no need for explanation!!)

Our media center is not a quiet place, it's a....
  • cool place to be.
  • fun and noisy place.
  • fun place for kids to express what they feel.
  • place where there is a lot of activities to do like finding books to read.
In our media center, you can hear....
  • adventure.
  • the sound of books getting checked in and out.
  • music, because Mrs. Long always plays music.
  • a lot of people trying to find good books to read.
In our media center, you can see.....
  • what we are learning about.
  • fun.
  • all types of books in there.
  • people with lots of glee! (great sparkle word!)
In our media center, you can feel....
  • the hard back books and the soft back ones.
  • smart checking out books.
  • my arms getting goosebumps! (my favorite!)
  • like a million bucks!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Poet Tree!

Lesson Brought to You by the Letter P (and Twitter!!!)

Stone Fox - Chapter 9