Civil War Enrichment - 5th Grade

Today I started an enrichment Civil War activity with my 5th graders.

I read aloud Pink and Say by Patricia Polacco. As I read, I introduced actual Civil War images that correlated with the story. The Library of Congress has a huge selection of period images and artifacts. We viewed images of the colored troops, burnt out buildings, Andersonville Prison, and more.

Following the story and a discussion about how Pink and Say must have felt and the impact the Civil War had on these young men, the students competed in a Civil War challenge using blubbr.tv!

Isreal, Cesar, John, & Carlos from Mrs. Peterson’s room have the highest score of 385!!   They were beat!!  German, Tyquan, and Ryan from Mr. Allen's class scored 424!!  Can you beat that?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Poet Tree!

Lesson Brought to You by the Letter P (and Twitter!!!)

Stone Fox - Chapter 9