Kenn Nesbitt SKYPE, was up to the HYPE!!!!

We had the best time today SKYPEing with Kenn Nesbitt today!  The kids had so much fun, and Kenn was so engaging and entertaining.

Kenn talked with the kids about writing, figurative language, and inspiration - write about things you see!

Kenn helped each group start an original poem and assigned homework for each student to add a stanza to the poem.  I can't wait to see what they come up with!

To schedule your own visit with Kenn which I highly recommend, check out his webpage.

You still have time to order an autographed copy of one of Kenn's books, print out this order form and return to Mrs. Long by May 18th!




4th Grade
My bunny makes burgers.
My mouse makes mac and cheese.
My puppy makes pizza.
My parakeet makes peas.

  
I never eat their cooking.
Not even on a dare.
Because it’s always covered

With slobber and hair.

5th Grade
Football with French fries.
Soccer with tacos.
Baseball with bananas.
Nascar with nachos.
  
Swimming with strawberries.
I’m in an awesome mood.
Nothing is better than
Playing with your food.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Poet Tree!

Lesson Brought to You by the Letter P (and Twitter!!!)

Stone Fox - Chapter 9